Dropbox is the easiest way to share and store your files online. Dropbox works just like any other folder on your computer, but with a few differences. Dropbox keeps track of every change made to any of its contents. Any changes are instantly and automatically sent to any other computer linked to your Dropbox account. The Dropbox clients for Windows, Mac and Linux all play nice with one another too!
Here's how it works:
- Download an install Dropbox (Win, Mac & Linux).
- Create a 'My Dropbox' destination on your local machine.
- Drag and drop to move files around, just like you normally would.
- Any files or folders inside Dropbox will get synchronized to Dropbox's servers and any other computer linked to your account.
- Green checkmarks will appear on top of your files to let you know that they're synced and up to date.
Check out the wide variety of Scripts and Addons for Dropbox
Dropbox's shared folders make it easy for you to share a bunch of stuff with other people. This makes Dropbox perfect for team projects, music/video editing, and much more.
- Any member of a shared folder can add, edit and delete the contents within.
- Collaborators of your shared folder won't have access to any of your files outside of that folder.
- Changes made to a shared folder are instantly sent to every member of that folder.
Dropbox uses the Amazon S3 cloud storage!